Monday, June 6, 2011

A weekend for our marriage!

Last weekend (yes, I know I am a bit late) we decided to take a getaway over the 4 day weekend for Memorial Day! I had been super stressed out and my hormones were off the charts for a couple weeks and I was in desperate need of a relaxing weekend with just my husband! I had stressed myself out even more trying to book us a room at the beach approx 10 days before a holiday wknd...totally defeats the purpose if a getaway causes more stress! Anyhow, I came home in tears (literally) because I had hit my breaking point. I was emotionally, spiritually, and physically exhausted and I unloaded on Trevor as soon as I walked in the door from work...thankfully he is very gracious and allows me to "unload" as needed. He very quickly said he would take care of the vacation plans and told me not to worry! Of course I was thinking "yeah...good luck, I've been trying to book something for a week" but I shut my mouth. Within 10 minutes, he found a 5 star hotel, one of the top 3 in Galveston, for an amazing military rate... I was so excited that I couldn't be frustrated about how quickly he found it (but...I secretly wanted to be! ugh!). 
Poolside!


Day #1-- Check in, pool time, dinner!
Beautiful hotel! 
Kissing hubby on the elevator! 

Day 2-- Moody Gardens Rainforest and of course...the beach!!

Day 3-- A ton of sleeping, the beach & pool, & a splurge for dinner!



 








This trip was exactly what Trevor and I needed...Time away to just focus on each other and our marriage! I think every couple should make it a point to take little getaways, even if it seems like you can't afford it at the time. Trevor and I have a "traveling" fund that we put money towards every month to make these little trips possible, and I am so thankful for them :) Thanks love for making this trip possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment