Sunday, September 25, 2011

Feeling Hopeful!

I am feeling very hopeful today... Hopeful that Trevor's deployment will go by quickly and that I will survive, but not only survive, but thrive during the deployment! This morning was our last Sunday morning at church together for the next 28 weeks...wow. 28 Sundays. We went to the early service and as soon as the worship music began,  tears followed. I was crying and I couldn't even tell Trevor why. I felt overwhelmed by the week that was coming but at the same time, so thankful to be standing among other believers and cry. After the service we went to the Heroes at Home class that our church offers as a community group for spouses during deployment. It was awesome. Trevor wanted to come the week before he left so everyone could meet him and he would be able to see the group I was joining. It was so encouraging as about 20 women sat around and shard their fears, hurts, and also their joy and what God has been teaching them through this deployment. I am feeling hopeful because God has provided us with an incredibly supportive community for me to live life with while Trevor is gone. It brings me to tears just thinking about it. 

I'm sure most of you have been seeing my posts on FB about these random surprise gifts that keep showing up at our door...well we are positive that it is ladies and/or couples in our small group leaving these sweet gifts of encouragement, we just aren't sure who is who ;) Since last Friday, we have come home to something encouraging on our door step each night and I wanted to post pics of them! Of course we've been taking pics of them each day...even Trev has ;) 

Day #1- We came home and found a Fall/Game Day basket on our door full of fun Fall stuff for me and USC stuff for Trev! It even had a gift card to Plucker's...one of our fav's! 
Day #2- This was a gift card for the Harker Heights Theatre and we used it on Friday night to see Moneyball! Fun date night for sure!




Day #3- I thought for sure I knew this was Quinn because I had just told her how much I LOVE the idea of using pumpkins as a flower pot but she swears it wasn't her! Adorable :) 






Day #4- This day there were TWO separate things on our porch! The first one was a cute basket with the book "God Strong", yummy baked goods, and a sweet card! The 2nd thing was this Chipotle gift card that a delivery man actually found outside! Glad he didn't decide to keep it ;) 


Day #5- This is def one of the most creative ideas! Someone left us two pumpkins on our porch with a basket full of carving supplies! We are doing this for a date night tonight, I can't wait!


Day #6- How sweet! Someone left us pretty fall colored flowers and a box of pumpkin bread to bake! Yummy :)




Day #7- This was a cute little basket with 2 notebooks in it (one for each of us) that said they are small enough for T to carry one in his uniform and for me in my purse and when we think of something we want to tell each other we can jot it down for the next time we talk! It also had a book of questions :)




Day #8- What an adorable country style basket! This was a fall basket with homemade pumpkin break in the towels and the "Courage" willow tree angel to add to my front table full of military stuff & willow tree angels :) This pumpkin bread was delicious...I had a slice this morning, too bad when we got home from church, Sophie had eaten 1/2 of it...literally! So whoever made this, Soph loved it too ;) Adorable fall dish towels to use again too!




Day #9- This is a patriotic picnic basket that I loveeeeeee! It has two other smaller baskets inside too! It also had a blanket, Mason jars, and some tea light candles! I think hubs and I are gonna have a dessert picnic outside in the back yard with candles one night! Love it :) 





I really hope I didn't miss anything because these gifts all meant so much to Trevor and I! I hung a bunch of the cards on our bathroom mirror and they have been so encouraging to look at and read. Seriously, we would never have imagined our friends doing something so incredibly thoughtful. Everyone has gone out of their way to make sure our last week together is full of sweet dates and memory making moments! We know that we def do not deserve any of this... or even such amazing and encouraging friends. It's amazing to see what servant hearts our friends have! We love you all :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment