Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Romance & Packing...

Romance and Packing...I bet you ladies never thought you'd put those words together, until you either married a military man or your man joined the military ;) On Monday night we went to have our last "family dinner" with the Walker's at one of our favorite places to eat and then Trevor and I came home to have a romantic picnic on our back porch. We even lit candles and put flowers out...He secretly loved it ;)


One of the main reasons we had a picnic was so that we could eat the top of our wedding cake...one year later! It's normally a tradition for your 1 year anniversary to eat the top of your wedding cake, but we decided right before deployment would be perfect for us...


This was the top of our wedding cake...it actually was pretty yummy considering it was a year old ;)
The next morning, I got to stay home from work and spend the entire day with hubby! I could not wait...I felt like a little kid in a candy shop! The other thing I've learned as a military wife is that any time you're given together, becomes quality time! So we spent all day Tuesday running errands, packing, running more errands as we forgot things, and packing some more! I think I ran to Target and Walgreens about 10 times if I counted all the trips in the past 24 hours, but I had to make sure my love was going to be taken care of and have everything he could ever need...Okay, so maybe that's a bit of my OCD kicking in too.

Phase 1 of packing...Everything washed and stacked in piles!  Waiting to go in the body bag (weird name, huh?)

Now everything was in the bag...But it still needed to close ;) 


I was not a fan of this bag... It was a constant reminder of how quickly "goodbye" was coming for Trevor and I. 

We were so blessed by an amazing Monday evening and all day together on Tuesday...Even though we may not have been doing anything special, we made the best out of packing and were so blessed by that quality time together. Love & miss you babe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment