Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Meeting Hudson Ray!

Tonight was such a special night for our family as Tanner and Chels welcomed their first son, Hudson Ray, into the world! We drove down after work in anticipation of meeting him and thought that we would get there about 1-2 hours after the family had spent some time getting to meet Hudson, but Chels still wasn't out of surgery when we got to North Austin Medical Center. We only waited for about 30 minutes when we got a text that said we could come in...Now when I say we, I literally mean there were about 16 of us in the waiting room! Parents, grandparents, 5 siblings, and Trevor and I :) What an exciting moment!

Chels looked absolutely fabulous and Hudson was perfect! He was born at 3:16pm and was 7lbs 1 oz and 19 inches long, a big boy considering he wasn't supposed to make his debut for another 2 weeks ;) Tanner is such a proud daddy!


We spent a couple of hours passing Hudson around and "fighting" for time with him! Actually, no one fought, everyone was very patient considering there were about 16 people wanting to hold him! Hudson took it like a champ, even with flashing lights like a paparazzi!



I loved seeing her holding her precious new baby, what an incredible feeling! She was completely full of JOY and thankfulness to the Lord! Trevor and I had to leave after a couple of hours to head back home and it was time to say bye everyone. Unfortunately, we weren't just saying bye for the night, but Trevor was saying bye for the next 7 months. We were so thankful that he got to meet Hudson on the day he was born, since he will be 7 months old when he gets back from Afghanistan. I knew watching him say goodbye to everyone was going to be hard, but I never imagined it would be this hard. I walked around hugging people after he did and started to get teary eyed when Donna hugged me and reminded me that I'm always welcome at their home....Then I looked at Chels and I knew it was over. I walked over and we both immediately started crying, it was as if we read each others minds. Not only was I watching her say goodbye to my husband for 7 months but she looked at me and said "When will I get to see you?" I had to tell her about 2 weeks... and that is what broke my heart.

Chels and I have been a part of every significant event in each other's lives for the past 10 years... high school grad, college, engagements, college grad, losing my mama, her wedding, my wedding, and now her first child being born. I think what we both realized in that moment that we started crying is that God has put two very significant events in our lives at the same time, which He has never done before. It absolutely broke my heart to know that I won't see Hudson or be a part of the next two weeks of his life and I know that she felt the same heart break knowing that she won't be with me when I have to say goodbye to my husband for 7 months. God had created two very significant events in our lives at the same time and I think we both realized in that moment that we would be apart for the first time. I had to leave the room very quickly because I knew I was going to lose it...Which I did on the way home with hubby. I'm a true believer that it is good to let out a good cry every once in a while and it felt good. 


This blog is for my best friend, who is now a beautiful mama! God has blessed you and Tanner in so many ways already by providing you a beautiful and healthy baby boy, I can't wait to see what He has for the future! I'm so sorry I won't be there for more of Hudson's first two weeks in this world, and I know that you would give anything to be there when I say goodbye to Trevor. God is faithful and good. Love you Chels! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Allison! This is so sweet. It's so neat that you live so close to your best friend. I'm jealous! Anyway, we'll keep you busy! We all love you :) and congratulations to Chels on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete