Saturday, November 26, 2011

So much to be thankful for!

Well I hosted my first Thanksgiving! I def never pictured it without hubby, but I realize that I have SO much to be thankful for... whether he is home or not! Wednesday night Britt and Em came over and the cooking of the feast began & we started to tackle the turkey! Britt and I were quite horrified in the beginning and weren't even sure which holes in the turkey we were supposed to clean out ;)  



I won't lie...This was a proud moment ;) We prepared our first TURKEY!


Looks pretty yummy...Stuffed with carrots and onions!


One full oven! :)


An awesome pic of our table setting from Britt's camera! 


Cheers! Thanksgiving lunch in our PJ's!


And of course, Sophie joined us! She even got her own plate because she sat patiently while we ate ;) 


I felt so incredibly blessed to be able to have a Thanksgiving meal like this & I am just so thankful for the people God has hand placed in my life. I am also so thankful that my husband continues to provide for me even when he is serving overseas and made it possible for me to host this meal for such sweet friends. What a great 24 hours of thanking God for our husbands, family, friendships, and even getting a bit of girl time (shopping) in ;)

Trevor decided since he wasn't here to experience my first Thanksgiving feast, that we will be having Thanksgiving Part II in April :) Can't wait! Who wouldn't want to celebrate Thanksgiving twice in one year?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment