Monday, January 6, 2014

Life update -- Our first full year in Biloxi

The beginning of my last post started by talking about how I hadn't blogged in forever & was finally sitting down to do so because I missed it. Then it was gone (I hit publish and it got deleted...) Ughhhhh. So here we go again!

I have really missed blogging. It's therapeutic for me to write, even if no one reads it. I'm hoping to get back into blogging regularly about what God is teaching me, marriage stuff, mommy stuff, etc. 

2013 was our first full year at Keesler AFB & it flew by, but not because our life is too BUSY here. When we were at Fort Hood, Trevor was gone all.the.time. Iraq, Haiti, TDY's, Afghanistan...you get the point. Even when he was home, life just felt like it went a million miles an hour because we were so busy. I was working full time, he was doing army support, and we always had a ton of things going on. A ton of good things with our amazing friends that we miss dearly. They are lifelong friends though and we still talk to them & always will! We lived our first 2 years of marriage with them, celebrated with them, grieved deeply with them, and survived deployments with them. With all that being said, God had a big reason for us to leave that place & come to Keesler AFB & has already blessed us with incredible friendships just in the last year. 

One of the reasons Trevor applied to become an instructor here at Keesler was so that we could focus on our family and in order to do that, we needed some time home together
I am so very thankful God sent us here! Do I LOVE mississippi? Nah... not really :) BUT, I love our life here as a family and that's what I'm thankful for. Our sweet boy was born here on June 1, 2013, so Mississippi will always have a special place in our hearts. Trevor has a set schedule working Mon-Fri as an instructor & is home every other Friday & for lunch and dinner most days. Literally, I never thought my husband would be home for lunch and dinner ever. It feels too good to be true most days because our married life just has never looked like this. To my friends who's husbands are deployed or you have a husband who can't be home due to his work schedule...I feel for you and I know it is HARD. I pray that your family will have relief and good quality time together in 2014. 

Since Landon was born, I have become a stay at home mama which I absolutely love. I cannot think of anything else I would rather be doing right now. I have people say "Don't you ever have the itch to go back to work?!" My response is always the same... Nope, not at all. We decided before Landon was born that I would stay home with our kiddos until they go to school & I'm so thankful that we are able to make that happen, it truly is a blessing that I don't take for granted because I know there are so many mamas who wish they could. I also have friends who love being a working mom and feel that they are a better mama to their kids because of it! I think it's a personal choice for each family. I am working PRN at a hospital here on the coast to keep my license current & I usually work 1-2 days per month on Fridays that Trevor can be home with Landon. It's a perfect job for a stay at home mom! 

As much as I miss our friends from Fort Hood, we have made wonderful friends here & I know that we will grow even closer over the next few years. And we're not replacing any friendships, just adding new ones...one of my favorite things about being a military family! :) We have an amazing church here & we recently started a new community group in our neighborhood in base housing & the relationships in it have been such a blessing to us. They truly are becoming like family :) I'm so excited to spend the next 3ish years with these friends & watch our kiddos (those who have them) "grow up" together. We will move when Landon is 3... When you're a military family, having friends for your kids for 3 straight years is like a lifetime! 

Our little bug is SEVEN months old already, I have no idea where the time went. It feels like just yesterday I was pregnant and we were moving here! He is such a JOY to be around and smiles all the time! Well...unless he's hungry, tired, or teething ;) I have to throw a picture in here because it's what mommys do! He smiles & laughs at everyone, he sits up on his own, and just started rolling from one end of the living room to the other <3 Crawling is coming soon & this mama is about get BUSY chasing him around the house!

Mommy's sweet boy with his hair in his face ;) 

I pray that 2014 is just as much of a blessing as 2013 was for our family. I can't imagine a better year, but God never ceases to amaze me with his blessings <3 

Next blog post... Motherhood as of late! 


No comments:

Post a Comment